Suggestion: About suggestions and general CS QoL

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion: About suggestions and general CS QoL

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:42 pm

hello! i'm a returning player from 2015. i've returned during this year, 2023, and am shocked at the amount of suggestions that are labeled as "active", have had full amounts of support, but received no changes. the point of this post is to suggest a push, explanation, or give general clarity on where CS stands with these suggestions as some are a decade old, or nearing a decade. what is considered active? are there plans for these suggestions made by players? at what point will we know when an active suggestion is shot down, accepted, or being worked on?

on the main suggestion directory, there's a list of "active suggestions". the problem is, they aren't that active, and the thread has not received an update in over a year. one thing i have really wanted was the ability to edit multiple groups at once. just yesterday i spent over an hour having to re-organize my groups and ask for help to make sure all my groups were properly locked and had the settings i wanted on.

i was happy to see a so called "active" thread about this idea as i wanted to suggest quite a few QoL changes that i'm suprised haven't been implemented. upon checking the "Locking, naming, and deleting multiple groups" thread i was shocked to see it was created in 2011. that's 11 years ago close to 12 now with 2024 coming up. that's over a decade. the last post was in september and people are STILL in support of the idea.

sorting pets by rarity or "mode" was put up in 2016, nearing 7 years. (would be even more awesome since we got a rarity update)

Re-arrange Pets in Their groups was started in 2014, nearing 9 years.

Display unknown rarity bars in groups was also created in 2016.

some suggestions are more recent, and i am glad that the main thread was updated to include new ones. however some are much older, and i'm sure many users would like some more clarity on how suggestions are handled or worked on. thank you for reading!

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022

Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: About suggestions and general CS QoL

Postby Liliette » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:51 am

You perfectly articulated what I and so many other players have been feeling. The lack of progression from CS, with things that would be relatively simple to change, is extremely weird. What is the reason a mass group edit feature still does not exist? Honestly, until the list of current suggestions gets input I don’t see the point in taking new suggestions because it’s false hope at this point.
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Huge support. I know Tess and Nick have largely handed the site over, but it is a bit frustrating that it appears they refuse to let the current staff who are still passionate take over and make major decisions and changes. I believe I have seen comments from both Admins and Admin Assistants saying they can't do X/Y/Z popular idea because the only people who can make those changes would be Tess and Nick. I feel bad for the awkward position they’re in, representing the website publicly and taking all the heat but being completely unable to do anything gameplay wise.

honestly, 11 years for a suggestions thread is just ridiculous. I understand not every idea can be implemented, but I think once a thread passes a decade in age we could at least get a “sorry but no” if an idea is really too difficult and not going to be added.

I have been very happy with the recent developments so I want to hope things are already changing for the better- and the upcoming pound update has me really excited! So it’s clear new things, at least now in 2023, are being worked on. But I agree more clarity would be much appreciated
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:24 pm

Bumping this with support ^^

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:26 am

Yeah. The "mid month updates" were implemented a while back to help with admin transparency & elaborate on what staff have been working on, but they really haven't done much lately...

It seems like most of the suggestions CS gets (especially the old/active/popular ones) are things that would need to be implemented by an admin with a decent amount of webdev experience, of which Nick is the only one afaik. I have a vague recollection that one of the admins said they wouldn't be hiring another coder, but like, if Nick is too busy/hands-off/whatever to implement most of these suggestions... they probably should?

And yeah. For the really old & popular ones, it's frustrating to not even get a "no" or a "we'd like to do this but don't currently have the resources" or anything. It sometimes feels like the admins don't even check this forum & we're all yelling into the void.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:08 am

I guess it's like a snowball after so many years. Maybe one aspect would be completely easy to implement but now you have dozens upon dozens of easy asks. How do you get to them all?

If they can only get to so many ideas maybe it'd be best they lock the suggestions board and announce anyone with an idea send in a help ticket instead. If it's a suggestion worth its salt it moves up the chain, then staff post a community poll if users would like it implemented. At least you know it is reasonably going to happen if the idea makes it that far.

I like voting in community polls! Posting support in the suggestion thread feels a little pointless ^^;
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:19 pm

BlueEyedKite wrote:I guess it's like a snowball after so many years. Maybe one aspect would be completely easy to implement but now you have dozens upon dozens of easy asks. How do you get to them all?

If they can only get to so many ideas maybe it'd be best they lock the suggestions board and announce anyone with an idea send in a help ticket instead. If it's a suggestion worth its salt it moves up the chain, then staff post a community poll if users would like it implemented. At least you know it is reasonably going to happen if the idea makes it that far.

I like voting in community polls! Posting support in the suggestion thread feels a little pointless ^^;

I wouldn't trust that any suggestions submitted into a ticket system would ever go anywhere. They'd just disappear.

I agree that it is seeming pointless to voice support for some of the decade old suggestions... but at least we can see those and get a sense of how many others support the suggestion from the forum polls and threads.

There ARE also some suggestions that have been implemented after a couple years; one that I was involved with was the separation of editable oekaki into the editable oekaki and the editable user challenge/meme board. That suggestion was a couple years old and it gained significant traction after I got annoyed and gathered support for it; and shortly after the board was split. It is not completely hopeless but it is also absurd that some have had consistent traction with no results.

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:32 am

Yeah, it’s really disheartening to see all these amazing ideas go to waste because Tess and Nick aren’t active. I wish admins like Simon had the power to do something. There was a thread with a masterlist of suggestions and some things did happen because of it (new rarities, rare monthly pets) but it was locked, sadly.
I wish that all of these other ideas got more attention and were actually implemented.
Pet's name: Ashfur

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:41 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:I guess it's like a snowball after so many years. Maybe one aspect would be completely easy to implement but now you have dozens upon dozens of easy asks. How do you get to them all?

I personally don't like the possibility of the suggestions board being locked for tickets instead, I like everyone being able to see and give input on all suggestions, not just the ones staff picks as best
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Last edited by Squecca on Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me