NEW POLL CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

For pets with the same age and demand, what is most fair to trade for a Common?

3 Very Commons
5%
2 Very Commons
67%
1 Very Common + 1 Extremely Common
8%
All commons can swap evenly
20%

Total votes : 372

Re: CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Postby lil rascal » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Looks great guys!

1: Should the C$ Chart reflect trading as a whole?
I.E. If 1 Rare is 2 Extremely Uncommons, should 1 Rare be equal in C$ to 2 Extremely Uncommons? (Why or why not?)

I would love to see a trading system where the C$ values and pet values align, it just makes sense to me and I feel it is a much simpler way to trade.

2: How do you value pets in C$? (Do you go by year? Rarity? Species? All of the above? What about pets outside of C$, are they the same?)

My pets are priced based on all of the above but with most focus on rarity, species and the pet itself eg heavily edited or standard lines.

3: Do you value C$ trades as highly as pet trades? (Why or why not?)

I do value C$ but the current system where a VR is worth only 10C$ or so than a rare has never made sense to me so I tend to create my own prices.

4: In your personal opinion, is C$ hard to get your hands on? Is it hard to trade off, or does it have standard demand?

Funnily enough I used to trade lists down to old rares and sell those old rares for C$ all the time and then use the C$ to buy more lists. At the time it was claimed no one wanted to trade lists for C$ but I didn’t have a problem finding people wanting to sell their lists and bought many, from advent to high mains. It was also claimed no one wanted to trade lists down to rares unless they were offered extreme overpay so as someone who was highly valuing bulk I had a lot of interest in my pets. Back then you could get a mid advent for under 100C$ and a non or equivalent for 1050C$. I haven’t been very active on CS, other than collecting monthlies, the last couple of years but have found C$ trading very different. Since the original list shut down it seems everyone has finally caught onto the idea of trading lists down to lower rarities to sell and while C$ trading seems to be more accepted it also costs a lot more to buy anything over rare than it used to. So yes due to the fact everyone wants C$ now I think it’s both harder to get your hands on and a lot more expensive to buy the old lists than it used to be. The fact that so many people would prefer C$ or FR rather than pets shows how broken the trading system is imo.

SolarSonnet wrote: Edit: One other thing. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on the "Buying any X number of pets for Y C$" thing. I see a lot of that going on and it makes me wonder if those people actually make profits on their pets/trades in the long-run.
And.. Do you think this type of trading should be recognized in any guide(s) we put up?

I always assumed people doing that were looking for hoard pets or pets for adoption centres or something? I can’t see how they’d make much profit off those low rarities. But maybe I’m wrong? Personally I don’t think we should have a guide for how much people should undervalue their pets in a bulk trade as I feel that’s up to them but don’t mind if others disagree.
Last edited by lil rascal on Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fingees » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:09 pm

I voted for none of the above, honestly I wouldn't think omgsc would be sold with C$. this may sound stupid but I wouldnt spend any C$ on omgsc (especially because they are so easy to find for free in free adoptions..) but if I had to value, I'll probably pay 1c$ for 6 omgsc. (take my opinion with a grain of salt, I don't spend my c$ often at all)
xxxxx

xxxxxixxxxxx •♡•
xi 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅
xxxxix 𝟏 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝟏:𝟑𝟒
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xii anna • she/her • enfp • last.fm
xxxxxxxxxxChristian ✞
xxxxxxxxmy art portfolio
xiI love birbs, music, my bf & nature!
xxxxxixx avatar by offsite
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi

fingees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TANKMEN » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:48 pm

filled in the survey! it was really well put together and easy to understand, and im vindicated that so far most of my responses reflect the current majority answers haha. exciting times we're living in - im really psyched by the concept of us revamping trading for REAL this time!!

i will come back to answer those other questions shortly :3
Image TANK » THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:55 am

fingees wrote:I voted for none of the above, honestly I wouldn't think omgsc would be sold with C$. this may sound stupid but I wouldnt spend any C$ on omgsc (especially because they are so easy to find for free in free adoptions..) but if I had to value, I'll probably pay 1c$ for 6 omgsc. (take my opinion with a grain of salt, I don't spend my c$ often at all)

I’ve traded c$ for omgsc before, but only if I wanted them in bulk (like for a hoard or something). and, similar to what you said, I would only do 1c$ for like 4 or 5 of them.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:45 am

kee; wrote:
fingees wrote:I voted for none of the above, honestly I wouldn't think omgsc would be sold with C$. this may sound stupid but I wouldnt spend any C$ on omgsc (especially because they are so easy to find for free in free adoptions..) but if I had to value, I'll probably pay 1c$ for 6 omgsc. (take my opinion with a grain of salt, I don't spend my c$ often at all)

I’ve traded c$ for omgsc before, but only if I wanted them in bulk (like for a hoard or something). and, similar to what you said, I would only do 1c$ for like 4 or 5 of them.

-kee

Yep. I chose “none of the above” for the same reason. I won’t trade MY C$ for any amount of OMGSC, but I will HAPPILY pay 5+ OMGSC per C$, and still feel like I got the better deal.

If you think of it in terms of C$ to pets, .25C$ is 1/150 of a store pet. Which seems okay until you keep going. Assuming a 2:1 ratio between rarities, that would make an EC worth 1:75 of a store pet, a VC worth 1/38 (rounding up) and a common worth 1/19 of a store pet.

IF we’re going to have a chart where C$ lines up with pet values, then OMGSC pets need to be worth less than .25C$. No one is trading 19 commons for a store pet. (But if they are, please send them my way! ! Lol)

I kind of feel like having .25C$ as the lowest option could end up skewing results.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarSonnet » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:22 am

That makes total sense, ngl. I was just thinking 0.25 because it's one of the easiest to calculate out, anything lower feels a lot harder and it goes up exponentially at that point.

0.125 is 8 OMGSCs for 1 C$

0.0625 is 16 OMGSCs for 1 C$, and it's a really weird number to remember and hard to do math with. If somebody had a "0.0625 C$/Per" Group, I'd be like "How many pets is that..?" if the math wasn't ingrained into my brain from this type of thing. (I didn't even have to pull out a calculator, from how many times I've done this math lol)

I feel like a big reason why trades don't seem "fair" is a huge quantity of pets for one other pet or one "thing". So even if OMGSCs aren't "Worth" 0.25 C$, it might be best to value them at 0.25 C$ in a guide because of things like that. It feels like the same issue with rares where when 16 2023 Rares were = to 1 09 Rare, things didn't seem fair. Even 8 rares for an 09 doesn't seem fair.

I do have to mention, the rarity math ain't mathing with 0.25 C$ for an OMGSC, though, using 1:2 between rarity.
1 C = 2 VC = 4 EC = 8 OMGSC is the math, meaning 0.125 is the "correct" math for OMGSCs, and not 0.25, but people just tend to disregard common pets a lot.

You also cannot trade less than one or fractions of one C$, though. So if 8 or even 16 OMGSCs are worth only 1 C$, then that requires that somebody
A: have 8-16 OMGSCs they are selling for C$ in the first place, but also
B: that the person who's trading them wants 8-16 of the OMGSCs they have for sale.

Otherwise, even one C$ is overpaying.

On top of that, I think store pets are in a different league entirely. After they get out of the store they're never coming back. It might be okay that an OMGSC is worth a fraction of a current store pet.

Even with a simple thing for the most current year like:
0.25 = OMGSC, 0.5 = EC, 0.75 = VC, 1 = C, 2 = UC, 4 =VUC, 8 = EUC, 12 = R, 24 = VR
I wouldn't 1:1 Swap a VR from current/last year for a store pet in the store right now, unless the VR had some demand (Rainbow Mouse Rat vs Centipede Dragon, would 1:1 Swap store pet for Centipede Dragon, not for Rainbow Rat.)

So I think that either:
1: Putting VRs at "Current Store pet" as a baseline is bad and should not be the case.

2: Store pets should be valued differently based on a different system

or

3: Store Pets should increase extremely drastically as soon as they leave the store, rather than when they're much older.
I'm talking like, if a VR from current year is currently 30 C$, equal to a current store pet, double it. A store pet that was in the store last cycle is now worth 60 C$.

So recent store pets would be:
30 C$ - In the store right now
60 C$ - In the store this year/last year(?).
Idk what the rest would be, though.

I do think it's worth making another poll after discussion.

Edit:
With all commons being worth 1 C$, I scrolled through 2011 and there are only a few commons. One of them is this cat, and ngl, Idk how that happened. All of its littermates are rare. My best guess is that someone with a hoard of that, specific cat is still active today and if they went inactive then it'd shoot up in rarity or something. There's no other explanation that makes sense in my brain.

Most 2011 pets are Rare or EUC, with quite a few VRs, a handful of VUCs, 1 Uncommon, 6 Commons, 2 ECs, and 1 OMGSC. Is that common still worth 1 C$? I think I'd pay more than 1 C$ for the singular surviving regular-release 2011 Common.(The other commons are from the summer event- they're the Castle Scenery Cats and Rat-Dragons, the EC/OMGSC are the Unicorn Rat litter.
Last edited by SolarSonnet on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solar/Wish ✄ He/Him ✄ DM for Commission Info and/or TH ✄ ©

Poll Three + New Google Form up now! Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
here!

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾
SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 am

I think as we’re coming up with values I we have to try to separate theoretical trades of pets we wouldn’t want vs. theoretical trades of pets we do want.
    for example, I would trade 1c$ for 4 omgsc pets I am looking for — I wouldn’t trade 1c$ for 4 omgsc pets I’m not looking for. would I trade a store pet for 19 commons I’m actively looking for? possibly. would I trade a store pet for 19 commons I already have and don’t need? no.

I think we have to try to look at everything from as many perspectives as we can since trading, pet like ability, etc. is so subjective.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:28 am

sorry I’m on mobile so it’s easier for me to double post and a pain to only quote parts of other posts.

but I think SolarSonnet’s point about maybe just valuing store pets differently is a good one. we’ve already kind of said they’re different and that we would likely separate the omgsr ones from the other omgsr pets, so it does kind of make sense to separate the less rare ones as well.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frogfan » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:31 am

Poll: Disregarding any specific pet: How much are OMGSCs worth to you in C$
They're worth way less then 0.25c$ to me. 1c$ to 6 regardless of year is something fairly common I've seen which I think is far more reasonable

When I do OMGSC buying its usually in bulk, or with a lot of other low rarity pets (also in bulk). If you just wanted one or two it'd be easier just to trade for them.
You also wouldnt necessarily be pricing them with decimals. I usually see "6 for 1c$". Even on pets worth .5c$ I'll usually just see "2 for 1c$" so I don't think decimal values are a huge issue

1: Should the C$ Chart reflect trading as a whole?
I.E. If 1 Rare is 2 Extremely Uncommons, should 1 Rare be equal in C$ to 2 Extremely Uncommons? (Why or why not?)

No. It would make pricing absolutely ridiculous and snowball really easily. This quote taken from the "how much is this pet worth in c$" thread shows a good example of why (prices outdated)

blaine wrote:Why don't C$ values add up like pets?

Many people ask, "a mid advent is worth 7 09 rares, and an 09 rare is anywhere from 30-45C$. But the mid advent is only listed at 85C$! Shouldn't it be 210-315C$?"
There is a reason why we don't do this.
19C$ = $1 US Dollar
An 09 rare is roughly 30C$. (Just using this as a middle ground, they can be more or less.)
A mid advent is 7 09 rares, so 210C$. ($11 USD - that's already a lot.)
A blue rose dog is worth 7 mid advents, so that would be 1,470C$, or $77 USD. That's a lot of money.
And to take a big jump, a nondog is worth 36 blue roses. That would be 52,920C$, or $2,785 USD.
And finally, a sunjewel is worth 5 nondogs. 264,600C$ or $13,926 USD.
This is why we simply cannot use rarity math like this. A sunjewel right now, at 1840C$, is worth $105 USD which is still a lot of money, but clearly a lot more doable than nearly 14k.

Even if we just did it for rarity with normal pets. Say we're using the 2:1 method for this year's pets.
C=1c$ : U=2c$ : VUC=4c$ : EUC=8c$ : R=16c$ : VR=32c$

Thats the starting price. How much would a 2017 rare be worth? Say the price doubled every 3 years
2023=16c$ : 2020=32c$ : 2017=64c$ : 2014=128c$ : 2011=256c$

Remember this is still the base price. Would you pay 256c$ for a normal 2011 rare? This would drive up c$ prices to an unmanageable price. C$ should not ever be equivalent to rarity

2: How do you value pets in C$? (Do you go by year? Rarity? Species? All of the above? What about pets outside of C$, are they the same?)

I value by rarity and species mostly when dealing with c$ prices. I'll pay more for event pets. Ages come into play obviously but it's not proportional. Common prices go up significantly slower then say rares for instance.

I value pets fairly similarly but with less focus on rarity. I'll do even swaps for commons and uncommons, do trades with little regard for date etc.

3 Do you value C$ trades as highly as pet trades? (Why or why not?)

I'm less willing to sell my pets for c$, but very willing to buy. That's just personal preference

4:In your personal opinion, is C$ hard to get your hands on? Is it hard to trade off, or does it have standard demand?

I've only earned c$ from offsite trades or doing art. So I can't really speak to how hard it is to get. I find c$ very easy to trade! I go to dedicated c$ shops, and if I agree with their prices (or really want the pet/item) I'll buy something.

SolarSonnet wrote: Edit: One other thing. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on the "Buying any X number of pets for Y C$" thing. I see a lot of that going on and it makes me wonder if those people actually make profits on their pets/trades in the long-run.
And.. Do you think this type of trading should be recognized in any guide(s) we put up?

I think its. Interesting. I think there's a lot of benefit for the person buying, and not a lot of benefit for the person selling. I understand it could be an attractive option if you wanted to liquidate all of your lower rarity pets into c$, but I wouldn't even value my OMGSC's that low. I'd use them to trade or gift instead.

I dont really see a reason to put it in a guide. It's just a way that some people trade.

Random Thoughts:

I dont think c$ prices should have a hard and fast guideline with a single set price for what is fair. Id definitely prefer price ranges, with acknowledgement that variations in price is normal, and someone setting a pet at 5c$ vs another setting it at 7c$ can both be fair.

I do quite a bit of purchasing at c$ shops, so I definitely already have an internal guideline of what i trade by. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks, but in the future I'll probably still continue with a similar range
frogfan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palimpsest » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:14 am

posting to support the google form survey!
as someone lurking in the discussions, I'm finding the answers to be very interesting, and I think it's a good way to get a broader viewpoint
Palimpsest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me